It is very common from a user to ask you mask Null values to something else, for example Null to be shown as Zero.
But, I come through a reverse requirement where user wanted to show Null as Null without any masking. By default, Obiee was showing zeros.
Quickly, it clicked in my mind I changed the setting at Physical layer in RPD.
Let’s go step by step.
- Values are being shown as 00/00/00 and 0.0 in second fourth and fifth column rescpectively in below screen shot.
- User wanted them to be shown as below.
- All you have to do is to login to RPD and Navigate to Physical columns of respective columns.
- Check the ‘Nullable’ option as shown below and Press OK. Then save the rpd and check
- .Please share your thoughts if it helped and keep watching this space for more updates.You can follow me on twitter (@akashdgarg) for quick updates about what’s happening in the area of BI, Big data, OBIEE etc