Sometimes we wonder how to insert page break in PDF output of Answers. We think that there is something to do with pdf file properties or the version of pdf is not compatible with OBIEE, but you may be wrong here as it is very simple to do it from OBIEE.
In this example I will use product type for grouping for page break.
1. Let’s use Sample Sales to do this example. Create an analysis report like the following:
2. Create either a pivot table or table. I’ll use table as an example.
- When you edit the table, drag product type to Sections. Then edit Section Properties. You will be able to see the first option called Insert Page Break!
- The drop down allows you to choose No Page Break, Innermost Column, Outermost Column or a specific column which in this case will only be Products.Product Type.
No Page Break literally means no page break.
Innermost Column would be the first column you have on your sections area.
Outermost Column would be the last column you have on your sections area.
Specific Column would contain all the possible columns for Page Break and you can only choose one.It does not matter which one you choose if you have only 1 column in the section area. When you have more than one, then you’ll need to give it some thought. Generally, I would choose the specific name in case I modify the sections area. If you need to combine 2 or more columns for the page break, you’ll have to concat these items in criteria before you use this feature.
5. So this is what you will get in Answers.
- Click on Print button to print PDF
- You can achieve the same by exporting to PDF.
- The result as follows, page break by product type in PDF!
Keep visiting this page for more posts!